Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Slow and Steady (and maybe a little stupid...)

Well, because of the race on Sunday and the debacle with my flight, I didn't do a long run this weekend. So, I decided to try one today. I set out for 7 miles, telling myself I would stop if anything started to hurt.

I went very slow and comfortable. Disgustingly so, really -- the 7 miles took me over an hour and 15 minutes, so I was going at about an 11-minute mile. I was ok with that, though, because I felt like I could just keep going forever, even when I got to the 7-mile mark.

Well, maybe that is not the complete truth. While I mostly felt like I could keep going forever, I did have some injury fears throughout the run. What's really strange is that through most of the miles, it was my left hip muscles that worried me. Now that I'm done, it's back to the same old right psoas being sore. So, who knows.

Was it stupid of me to go the whole 7 miles? Maybe. But as of right now, I don't regret it or feel I did any damage that I will feel by tomorrow.

I must say that I am really tired of worrying and I really miss my pre-injury runs, when I spent my running time thinking about other things.

I'm thinking of buying new shoes this weekend. While I recognize that injury recovery takes time, I'm feeling a lot of other aches and pains that I never used to feel, and I wonder if my shoes being worn out is contributing to that. My shoes will be a year old in June, and I was going to wait til then to buy new ones, but I figure why not find out of old shoes are the source of some of my problems.

As I seem to be having a hard time forming coherent sentences, I am going to end this now. 7 miles, yay. Lots of soreness, boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment