Monday, April 20, 2009

Self Speed Substitute

In an effort to make up for the speed workout I will miss on Wednesday, today I ran 8K, but with a twist! For the first 5K, I alternated pushing my pace and relaxing it. Fast, slow, fast, slow, fast. Then for the last 3K I just ran at a normal pace.

I finished the first 5K in 28:40ish and the whole 8K in 47:55. Pretty darn good. And I feel good now that I'm cooled down, too. Almost no soreness in the psoas, at least so far, though I may be sore elsewhere!

Overall, I'm feeling much more like myself while I run and not struggling as much. So yay for that.

My training's a little screwy this week due to my trip to DC, but I'm planning to run 5K on Wednesday before I leave for the airport and run 5K on Friday morning while I am in DC (I'm going to run from the hotel to the White House, wave to Barack, and run back!). Then I'll be back Saturday afternoon, and I have a 5K race Sunday morning. If I feel up to it after the race, I might run home to make the total for the day between 6 and 7 miles.

Wish me luck! I don't really have a goal for the race, but breaking 30 minutes is always something to shoot for.

No comments:

Post a Comment