Thursday, April 16, 2009

Satisfied (I think)

Well, it seems that I tend to speak a bit too soon lately. When I left this morning, I was not feeling sore at all. But, as I walked to the train, I had some pain in my right knee. As that faded, a new pain developed in my right hip -- the same one I injured, but in a much different place, on the outside.

The hip pain continued all day, whenever I walked, so I wondered if I should run. But, it seemed that the long strides I take when I walk were causing the pain, and my shorter running strides did not. So, I went for an easy 5K, and I felt pretty good. And when I was done, there was no more pain in my hip. It was almost as if a certain muscle needed to be stretched or something.

Now, about 3 hours later, I'm still not feeling any pain, anywhere, which is great. My muscles are very tired though, so tomorrow I am taking a much desired, well justified day off.

The morning will tell the true tale, but right now I am feeling satisfied with my recovery and progress. Let's hope that this time, I'm not speaking too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment