Tuesday, April 14, 2009

... really?!

Ok, so... please note the following:

Today, I felt almost nothing in my psoas. Maybe every fifth time I raised my knee, I felt a twinge, but that was it.

So, after work, I went for a run, not sure if I would do 5K or 8K.

When I got to 5K, I was tired, because it was just as hard as yesterday. But I wasn't hurting. So, I said to myself, "Katie, today was hard regardless of if you stop here of keep going. But if you keep going, tomorrow might be a little easier." So, I kept going and finished an 8K.

I forgot my stopwatch, but I did look at the time on my phone when I started and ended. I finished the 8K somewhere between 48 and 49 minutes.

Additionally, I am certain I spent at least a full minute waiting at stop lights, and likely closer to two minutes.

Do you know what this means?

I just finished an 8K in less than 48 minutes -- faster than I ran the Shamrock Shuffle.

Granted, today's weather conditions were stellar and the Shuffle's were horrid. And, finishing the Shuffle was not hard for me, whereas today's 8K kicked my butt.

But still, I am really happy about this. Maybe the climb back to where I was will not be as slow as I thought.

Also, the psoas is a little more sore than before the run -- I feel it every time I lift my knee, but NOTHING anywhere close to worrisome.

I'm so relieved I can barely stand it.

No comments:

Post a Comment