Saturday, April 11, 2009

So-so psoas

Well, the good news is on two fronts. First, I went to speed training on Wednesday, and had no pain at all while I as running. I know, I know, I wasn't supposed to go, but at the last second, our coach decided that he was going to introduce a new workout, and I really didn't want to miss the instruction. In the end, the run felt great, and I was glad I went. And afterward, my hip didn't really hurt any more than it did before I went. It still hurt to lift my knee, but nothing like when I first got hurt.

The other piece of good news is that I'm pretty convinced at this point that I don't have a stress fracture. For one, running does not seem to make the pain any better or worse. Also, the worst pain is in the morning when I get up, when my muscles are tight. And when I wrote to the injury screener to give her an update, she said it sounded more and more like the psoas. So, muscle problem is better than a stress fracture.

However, the recovery is going much slower than I hoped. I've only run twice this week, and the muscle feels the same as it did a week ago. I think it's going to be a long time before I feel normal again.

I'm going to try to start running semi-regularly again next week, being super conscious of how I feel. If rest isn't helping, I may as well try at least some easy training.

Keep thinking good thoughts for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment