Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Slight Cheat

Well, I decided that I didn't want to get up at 4:30 tomorrow to run before leaving for the airport, so I went for a 5K tonight instead. That's not cheating, right?

I finished in 29:40, which is not anything to write home about, but satisfactory. And, for the second day in a row, no soreness! That makes me really happy.

I can't say everything feels 100%. I still feel a slight pinch in my hips from time to time, and my knees hurt a little. But some of that is probably the normal aches and pains of running. For my first year of running, I read all these articles that called running a pushing sport, and I didn't really get it. Now that I'm going longer distances and doing some honest-to-goodness training, I understand.

I picked up my race packet today, and the shirts are really nice! Same logo as last year, but in a really nice green color.

I wish there was a race that included running pants or shorts or tights, though. That's what I really need.

1 comment: