Monday, May 4, 2009

The Week Ahead

The ups and downs continue. On Sunday I went on a 5-mile historic run through Hyde Park that included 12 stops significant to the World's Fair in 1893. It was a lot of fun and the weather was perfect, but I struggled more that I would like. My legs were pretty tired from my long run the day before and my hip hurt occasionally.

But, I'm facing forward. Here's my plan for this week:

Monday: I took today off from running due to fatigue and some soreness. I did weight training and aerobics, plus walked about 2.5 miles to and from a meeting.

Tuesday: I have a dentist appointment in the morning, and therefore some extra time. So, I'm going running in the morning. I'll either do 5K or 8K, depending on how the hip feels.

Wednesday: Weight training in the morning, and speed workout in the evening.

Thursday: Off from running. Walk 2.5 miles to and from food pantry, also do AM weight training.

Friday: AM weight training, PM 5K easy run.

Saturday: Long run, shooting for 9 miles.

Wish me luck -- my 9-mile run 5 weeks ago was when I first injured my psoas.

No comments:

Post a Comment