Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New kicks

Well, I went out and bought new running shoes over the weekend, and it seems to have made a difference. I ran 5K hard on Monday and didn't feel a thing, during or after. Then yesterday I wore my old shoes to do my aerobics and weights, and I regretted it, because I hurt afterward.

Today I did weights and aerobics in the morning and speed work (drills and three repeat miles) after work, all in my new shoes. I have a few aches and pains, but nothing worrisome. What's odd is my left hip hurts, not my right.

The lakefront path was pretty wet, and I got my glowing white shoes dirty. It felt kind of good.

Tomorrow: aerobics and weights in the AM
Friday: easy 5K
Saturday or Sunday: 10-mile run

Ten days to the Soldier Field 10. And I'll be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment