Saturday, May 9, 2009

Full circle?

Well, I did 9 miles this morning, and I must say that I felt pretty good doing it! No major pain, only brief and minor episodes of worry that passed quickly. Afterward, my psoas was very sore, but it calmed down to only minorly sore by the time I was out of the shower. Both hips have been sore since, but not enough to make it hurt to walk or to make me uncomfortable while sitting, which is actually better than I can say for most days over the last month!

I ran the 9 miles in 1:35:57 -- so I'm calling it an even 1 hour and 36 minutes. That's a 10:40 pace, which I find quite respectable! Granted, before my injury I was able to do these long distances at almost a 10-minute mile, but that was then, and look where it got me! I'm happy with the 10:40, especially since it was pretty steady throughout.

I even felt like -- if I had to -- I could have done one more mile and made it 10. Truthfully, if I didn't have to be to work, I might have gone ahead and done it. But, it's better that I didn't. No reason to push! I'll go for 10 miles next weekend, and that will make me plenty ready to do the race one week later.

This race will represent a huge comeback for me. There was a rather long period when I honestly didn't think I was going to be able to come back fast enough from the injury. But, my patience and persistence seems to have paid off.

No comments:

Post a Comment