Tuesday, May 5, 2009

On track...

Well, for the last few weeks I have laid out a training plan and then had to break it due to injury woes or illness, but so far this week I am on track.

I went for a 5K this morning. I finished in 29:46, and had to push to do so. I think I'm becoming accustomed to my distance pace because 5Ks under 30 minutes are a lot more difficult than they used to be! That's ok, though.

Even though I felt like I could keep going to 8K if I slowed down a little, I decided not to. I felt no pain at all, and I wanted (for once!) to be able to say I had a pain-free run. I also decided I wanted to enjoy having a little extra time this morning rather than rushing around.

I've found that short bouts of running or other exercise actually makes my muscles feel better -- loosens them up, I guess -- but then if I go too long I get sore again. Just something to note.

Tomorrow at speed training is supposed to be an intersquad 5K. I haven't decided if I'm going or not. Most of the people on the team finish 5Ks in 17 or so minutes, and even the friends I sort of keep up with can finish in 24. My personal record is just under 28 minutes, and I have no hope of getting that tomorrow. So, I'm not sure my being there is going to be useful to anyone. If I don't go, I'll probably go to the lakefront path and either do the 400s I missed last week or to Diversey Harbor and do a Fartlek run.

No comments:

Post a Comment