Saturday, August 1, 2009

Soldier Field results!

So, remember how I was SO excited about my Soldier Field finish, and then my chip didn't work? And remember how I sent an inquiry and then never spoke of it again? Well, that's because I never heard anything back.

But on a whim today, I went on athlinks.com to look at my race results, and the Soldier Field time was there! They put me on the finisher's list with a time of 1:50:27, which was my gun time. So, that put me at an 11:02 pace, two seconds higher than my original goal! But that's ok, because I know it took me at least 10 minutes to cross the start line. I suppose using my gun time was the best they could fairly do. I'm just so happy to have a time at all!

Haven't tried to walk much yet today, so I'm not sure how my legs are doing.

I looked at the "spectators guide" for the race tomorrow, at it says my corral will not cross the start line until almost 7am. Boooo.

But still, 24 hours from now I'll be an hour into the race.

1 comment:

  1. Good Luck tomorrow! I will be getting updates on your progress on my cell!

    ReplyDelete