Friday, July 31, 2009

The difference between runners and non-runners....

As I was leaving work today, my manager, a non-runner, stopped me. She gave me a hug and said, "Run like the wind!"

I walked further down the hall, passing my coworker Ben, who had seen this exchange and is runner -- a triathlete, actually. He half-smiled at me with a look that was a bit rueful, and said, "Just survive."

:-) My manager meant well and I love her for it. But Ben? He understands, and I love him for that, too.

Just a tiny bit of foot pain today, and more than a tiny bit of shin pain. But I'm hoping that one more day of rest will make me feel ready. I picked up my packet today and the shirts are sweet!

I've done the math, and I figure to finish within the time limits, I only have to run 8 of the 13 miles. I can do that, and perhaps a bit more. All I want is to cross that finish line.

It'll all be over 36 hours from now. Then I'm on vacation!

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment