Sunday, July 19, 2009

One dozen.

Yesterday morning, I ran twelve miles. Twelve fliggin floggin miles. Can you believe it?

And it went pretty well. I was tired at the end, but I finished without stopping. And my pace was somewhere between a 12:00 and 12:30 mile, depending on exactly how far I went. It was a bit over twelve miles, actually.

My right shin is aching today a bit more than I had hoped. It's far, far from excruciating -- the pain is really quite mild. But it's persistent. And that worries me a little.

Still, I ran 12 miles and walked a lot this weekend, and though I have some pain, I am not limping and my mobility is not inhibited. So unless disaster strikes, I will be giving my long-awaited half marathon a shot, two weeks from today.

C'mon legs. Hold out two more weeks, then I promise you a good long rest....

No comments:

Post a Comment