Friday, July 24, 2009

Crossing my fingers (but not my toes....)

Three more shorter runs under my belt. The first two went pretty well. But last night, I started having some pain in my left foot, across the top of my big toe. The pain is worst when I lift my big toe, and I feel it with every step, particularly when I run, though also when I walk. It appears that I have either some tendonitis or a midtarsal fault (bones pinching together because of a collapsing arch).

The pain is actually stronger than anything I have felt in my shins (though not as bad as that first day I injured my hip). However, it's not really bad enough to slow my running or make me limp. At least it wasn't for the 3 miles I ran this morning.

I'm hoping that it will feel better in the morning, and that even if it doesn't, it doesn't start feeling worse as I run my scheduled 9 miles tomorrow.

As you can probably guess, I am incredibly frustrated right now. My shins feel good (relatively speaking, at least), my hip feels fine, and NOW I HAVE FOOT PAIN!

I'm four runs away from the half. Four runs, 9 days. And there's still a chance I might not get to do it.

But I'm choosing to say hopeful.

Please body.... please... just hold out a little while longer....

(I literally have tears in my eyes.)

I want this really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment