Sunday, July 12, 2009

Update

OK, it's been a long time. Here is a brief play by play of what has happened since I last wrote.

1. I ran 7 miles, and it was fine.

2. I did a 5K on concrete, and it was definitely not fine. I got a sharper pain in my left shin.

3. I went to the doctor. She said it was a muscle thing, not a stress fracture, but I remained unconvinced.

4. I tried to run again the following weekend. It didn't go well. I ran a total of 3 miles, not even consecutively, before I gave up and took the train home. At this point I had written off the half marathon.

5. I spent 2 weeks doing no workouts except free weights and some shin rehab exercises/stretches.

6. After two weeks, I tried running. It went well. I made it 9 miles. I was sore, but the injuries didn't bother me much.

7. I did 3 5Ks during that week. No big problems.

8. I ran 10.5 miles yesterday. Some soreness, some shin pain, but only afterward, not during the run.

9. I might, just might, be able to run the half after all, even if it involves some walking.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment