Monday, September 7, 2009

Still going....

I'm still keeping up my regular training schedule! Last Monday I ran a before-work 5K, then on Wednesday I went to speed work. We did 200 m repeats, and I REALLY pushed myself. On the plus side, I did all 14 of my repeats in 56 seconds or less. (OK, OK, the last one was actually 56.08 seconds. But the rest were under 56!) So, that's less than an 8-minute mile pace. Granted, I could not have kept up that speed any longer than 200 m (about an eighth of a mile), but still. I'm pretty proud.

However, I was hella sore for DAYS. Actually, I'm still a little sore. But it was worth it.

Friday I did another before-work 5K, and Saturday I did a 6-miler at about an 11-minute pace. I think I could have gone faster if I hadn't still had screaming thighs from speed training.

Today I did another 5K, and I should return to speed work on Wednesday, barring any weather issues. No updated schedule yet, so I don't know what the workout will be.

Less than 2 weeks until I move! I'm excited to start using the in-building weight room on my non-running days. (Though I bet after I find out how hard it is, the excitement wanes. Haha.)

I'm still not as fast as I was last year or before my first injury, but I running pain free and enjoying myself, so I'm not too torn up about it. I have one more race this year -- a 15K. I'm not sure yet what my goal will be next season. This is the first year that I'll have a treadmill to use through the winter, and who knows how that will affect my aspirations by spring.

Loving the weather. Fall is the best time to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment