Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another week down...

Wednesday's speed workout was nuts. Things are really gearing up, as most of the people on the team are in the final preparations for the marathon. We did "200 meter sandwiches." We had to sprint 200 m, jog 15 seconds, bound for 15 seconds, jog for 15 seconds, sprint 200 m, jog 15, bound 15, jog 15, sprint 200 m. Then do a recovery. Repeat 3-4 times.

I was tired when I left that one....

Friday I did a 5K in the morning, and Saturday I did a 7-miler at about a 10:45 mile pace. Tomorrow is another 5K day, then I'm back at speed work Wednesday.

I'm not sure I will get in a long run this weekend since I am moving (eeeeeee I'm so excited!), but I think even if I skip a week, I am still in good shape for the Hot Chocolate 15K on November 1.

No shin pain in several weeks. Some pain in my thighs, though. I think it is mostly soreness, but I should be careful not to push too hard at speed work. If I get another injury this year, I think I will scream. Like, for days. Stopping only to breathe.

Well, that was happy. Haha. Still loving the weather! Routing for no snow til after my last race. As it snowed for my first one this year, I feel it should wait for my last one to be over. (You hear that, Grandma Rich? I'm counting on you!)

My Grandma Rich was always in charge of the weather. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment