Saturday, September 14, 2013

26 Letters to Stephen: 5


Letter #5

September 14, 2013

Dear Stephen,

I’m trying not to panic, but something bad happened today.

About 7 or 7.5 miles into my run, my ankle started to hurt. At first I thought that it might just need to crack, but rotating it did nothing to stop the pain.

When I started running again, the pain stopped for a little while, but then started again and never stopped. I’ve been done with the run for a couple of hours, and despite icing and wrapping, my ankle is aching even though I’m just sitting here.

This could be bad.

It’s possible that it will feel better tomorrow or at least by next Sunday, but I’m scared. It’s also possible that I’m down for the count. The worst part is that all I can do is wait and see.

It hurts to walk right now, so having this continue more that 24 hours would be really bad.

I’m not sure what else to say. Any magic you’ve got, go ahead and work it, ok?

More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment