Monday, August 30, 2010

6 weeks til the marathon

I don’t have much more to tell this week. I’m still in limbo.

I’ve been on vacation in Michigan all week. I took two hefty bike rides, one last Sunday and the other last Tuesday. No problems there except some wrist soreness because the bike I was riding didn’t fit me quite right.

I ran 3.7 miles with my mom on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I don’t really know how fast we were going, but I’m guessing that it was about a 12-minute mile. Monday I had a little pain but nothing too bad. Wednesday I felt really good. Friday it was back to how I felt on Monday. I iced every day for good measure. There was one spot on each shin that continued to bother me.

Yesterday I ended up running 5 miles total, but trying out the 8:1 run:walk ratio: run 8 minutes, then walk 1 minute, repeat. The whole run took roughly an hour. Some shin problems, but not enough to ice. The specific sore spots on each leg didn’t give me much trouble. So while I’d be lying if I said I felt completely rehabbed, but I at least can say that I feel like I’m progressing.

Still hoping to run 18 miles on Saturday. Only planning on running once between now and then, for Wednesday’s speed workout.

6 weeks to go. Hang in there, shins.

No comments:

Post a Comment