Saturday, March 6, 2010

Week 5 complete

Another week down!

Sunday I did 3 miles outside, even though it tore me away from my brand-new Wii Fit.

Monday I didn't run, but I did Wii Fit in the morning. I've been trying to do at least 10 minutes of yoga, at least 10 minutes of strength training, and whatever else I feel like doing to get in at least 30 minutes. I'm doing pretty well at some things, and still am really terrible at others.

Tuesday I did Wii Fit in the morning and ran 4 miles outside in the evening.

Wednesday I did Wii Fit in the morning and went to speed work in the evening. The workout was repeat miles (ugh). The times for my three repeats were 8:35, 8:42, and 8:47. Comfortably under 9 minutes each! I was happy. I'm getting really good at the drills, too.

Thursday was an off day, but I did Wii Fit in the morning.

Friday, I did the 3-mile treadmill hill workout from Week 1, but I upped the difficulty so the hills were 3%-4%-5% (instead of 2-3-4). It was tough, but I did the whole thing at a 10-minute mile.

Today I did a 7-mile run outside in this beautiful weather. It was bright and sunny with just a bit of breeze. I finished in 1:12:00, which is a 10:17 pace! Woo hoo! On the downside, the path is getting more crowded. Oh well.

Shins haven't been bad. I've iced on most days, but I haven't had any worrisome pain. I wish I could go on a run and feel nothing at all, but not yet. Maybe next week.

Here's the plan:
Sunday: 4 miles
Monday: off
Tuesday: 6 miles
Wednesday: speed workout
Thursday: off
Friday: 5 miles
Saturday: 9 miles

Wow. Tough one next week.

Miles on my 2150s: 64
Miles on my foundations: 52

No comments:

Post a Comment