Sunday, June 13, 2010

17 weeks until the marathon

This week went pretty well.

I stayed home from work on Monday because I was so tired from lack of sleep due to my sinus issues or cold. I slept all morning, and by 2pm I was feeling better but restless, so I went for a bike ride roughly equivalent to a bike commute.

Tuesday I ran 5 forgettable miles in the morning. I don't even remember my pace.

Wednesday I got home from work a little bit early, and decided to do my 4M Farlek run at home instead of going all the way up to the track for speed work. I was glad of that, considering the massive coughing fits I had while running. It was really hot that day, too.

Thursday I rode my bike to work and back. I had my first crisis when the chain came off. But I managed to get it back on and ride the bike home. No lasting effects except some grease still clinging to my fingernails.

Friday I got up at 5 and did my long run. Eight miles. The first two were through rain and thunder, but then it cleared up. I ran at a pretty consistent 11-minute pace.

Saturday I did 3 miles on a hotel treadmill in Muskegon.

Unfortunately, my shins are bothering me today. Not nearly as much as those weeks I was benched, but enough to make me really worry. It feels like a warning sign. I'm hoping the pain is gone by tomorrow.

I may be taking some extra days off this week, but here is the best case scenario plan:

Monday/Tuesday: bike/3 miles
Wedneday: speed training roughly equivalent to a 4M Fartlek
Thursday/Friday: bike/4 miles
Saturday: 10 miles
Sunday: rest

Dear shins,
Please cooperate.
Thanks, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment